10 Questions You Should Ask When Being Laid-off
It's a competitive job market today and more people are chasing fewer jobs than ever before. So, it's important to have your genius shine in all aspects of your job search. Most people are not experienced in changing careers, so understanding and successfully navigating today's new world of work is of utmost importance. Through Outplacement services you can:
- Develop a strategy for your career, using self-assessments and career exploration tools
- Create your marketing materials, such as your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Grow your personal brand so that your value proposition stands out
- Integrate a networking strategy that enhances your search
- Learn to handle interviews effectively
- Prepare to negotiate and evaluate job offers
After receiving notice, it's expected that you're flooded with emotion and questions. Here are some of the basic questions you should be asking your employer about your Outplacement services.
- What is the duration of my program?
- Are the Outplacement services included in my severance package and is there any out-of-pocket costs to me?
- What services are included?
- Will I be assigned my own career coach? How do I get in-touch with them?
Severance packages and agreements are legal documents that are carefully drawn up by attorneys to comply with local, state and Federal laws. They are contract law documents and remain in effect based on the parameters of the contract descriptions. There is no “one” severance agreement format. Within that each of the areas has definitions about what and how long they apply. By law they are defined in scope and applicability. Both employer and employee have defined penalties if the contract is violated.